Periodica Polytechnica Transportation Engineering is a peer reviewed scientific journal published by the Faculty of Transportation Engineering and Vehicle Engineering of the Budapest University of Technology and Economics. The journal was founded in 1972. In the period 1972-1999, the professional work of the Periodica Polytechnica Transportation Engineering newspaper was managed by a faculty committee. The following university professors participated in this work in the individual scientific fields:
- Prof. István Turányi, Transportation Science,
- Prof. József Orosz, Transportation Processes,
- Prof. Zoltán Lévai, Motor Vehicles and their Design,
- Prof. Pál Michelberger, Vehicle Dynamics and Traffic Science,
- Prof. István Zobory, Railway Vehicles and Modelling,
- Prof. Gilicze Éva Kövesné, Transportation Processes,
- Prof. Endre Pásztor, Heat Engineering and Flow Science,
- Prof. Gábor Szász, Mathematics,
- Prof. Lászlóné Tánczos, Transportation Economics.
Publication frequency: quarterly.
The scope of the journal is to publish original research articles in the wide field of transportation, logistics and vehicle engineering. The speciality of our journal is its focus on the technical, environmental, economic and social aspect of transport. In our journal special attention is paid to the future emerging technologies of the transport sector (autonomous vehicles and electro mobility), as well as intelligent transport systems and ICTs.
This is a diamond open access journal: publishing and downloading articles are both free of charge. The journal does not charge authors any article processing charges (APCs), submission, or publication fees. Users have the right to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full text of these articles.
Each paper is evaluated in a blind, peer review process, with at least two reviewers for a paper. We use Crossref/iThenticate for plagarism checking and in ethical issues the COPE guidelines are followed. Please read the Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement for details.
Periodica Polytechnica Transportation Engineering is indexed and abstracted